In our latest reader poll, we asked you to fess up to the books you’ve read but would rather no one know about. 581 Riot readers answered the call, listing 380 unique titles. There’s a lot of variety to be found in the full set of responses, but your readerly shame is undeniably concentrated around a handful of titles. Here are the top 10 responses, featuring vampires, romance and erotica, and vampire-related romance and erotica.
NB: For clarity, all mentions of titles in the Twilight Saga, Hunger Games trilogy, Fifty Shades trilogy, and Sookie Stackhouse series were combined.
- The Twilight Saga (315 votes)
- Fifty Shades trilogy (178)
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (34)
- Romance novels (24)
- Hunger Games series (17)
- Sookie Stackhouse (16)
- The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller (14)
- Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews (13)
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (11)
- Sleeping Beauty series by A.N. Roquelaure/Anne Rice (11)
Fellow Rioter Minh took a crack at the data and discovered these connections:
What do you make of these results, Rioters? Any surprises here?
Sign up for our newsletter to have the best of Book Riot delivered straight to your inbox every two weeks. No spam. We promise.