Veronica N. Chapman, founder of Black Baby Books, is launching the first annual Black Children’s Book Week, a week to extend Black History Month and celebrate Black children and the Black-authored books that represent them. It will include virtual events hosted by Ciara Hill, Keeana S. Saxon, Charnie Gordon, Marcella Runell Hall, and Chapman, as well as a Black children talent showcase.
You can sign up for the waitlist to get involved, including by:
- Hosting an event
- Attending an event
- Sponsoring Black Children’s Book Week
- Purchasing or donating Black children’s books
and more. You can find out more on their Instagram.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- A Group of Louisiana Libraries Block Cultural Displays
- New Children’s Book by Channing Tatum Inspired by His Daughter
- R.L. Stine is Releasing New Horror Stories for Kids This Summer
- High School Activist Given PEN Award for Organizing Protests Against “Don’t Say Gay” Bill
- Party to Celebrate Bookstore Cat’s Retirement
- Here Are the Winners of the 57th Annual Nebula Awards
- 1600s Predicting the Existence of Aliens Found
- New Freckle Survey Shows Where Americans Get Their Books
- Colin Kaepernick Releasing YA Graphic Memoir
- These Are the States That Love Reading the Most