Since 2017, Little Free Library has run the Action Book Club, a book club where “participants read books on timely topics, engage in lively discussions, and take part in meaningful—and fun—group service projects to benefit their communities.” Participants sign up their local group, read a book on the topic, do a service project based on the theme, and then share their story online to encourage others to do the same.
Action Book Club has 1,400 registered clubs and 65,000 members of all ages in 45 countries, and they’ve announced that their theme for 2022 will be In Our Nature, “honoring the environment, our planet, and how we connect with the world around us.” They include a list of possible book choices, including options for kids, teens, and adult readers.
They are also hosting a giveaway: “Sign up your Action Book Club by February 28, and you’ll be entered to win a special selection of Action Book Club titles or the grand-prize: an eco-friendly Little Free Library book-sharing box made of recycled milk jugs!”
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- The 50 Best Book Covers of 2021, As Chosen By Graphic Designers
- Canadian Librarian Responds To Threats Against Drag Story Hour by Adding Second Event
- Angie Thomas’s ON THE COME UP Teaser Trailer Is Here
- 2022 Boston Globe–Horn Book Award Winners
- George M. Johnson Announced as Honorary Chair of Banned Books Week
- Malorie Blackman Wins PEN Pinter Prize for “Unflinching” Writing
- LGBTQ Book Sales Surge in U.S., Especially in YA
- Persuasion Trailer Starring Dakota Johnson Shows New Take on Jane Austen Classic
- The Best LGBTQ Books of the Year, According to Lambda Literary
- 72 of the Most Popular New Books on Goodreads Right Now